The GESEA Imaging course offers training on imaging for gynaecological surgeons, it is a course where ultrasound meets Minimal Invasive Gynaecological Surgery (MIGS). It offers a practical hands-on training on 2D/4D US modalities, for preoperative treatments and post-operative follow-up in hysteroscopy and laparoscopy cases.
Endoscopic surgeons should possess objective and measurable theoretical knowledge and practical ultrasound skills before undertaking scans in their perioperative endoscopic surgery practice. The GESEA Imaging course has been developed by ESGE and The Academy as part of their efforts to harmonise ultrasound practice for endoscopic surgeons and to improve patient safety. All practical sessions using transvaginal simulators and ultrasound machines aim to improve ultrasound skills, machine controls skills to ensure patients’ safety under the guidance of expert instructors. The programme consists of brief lectures and hands-on-training sessions over the three days ending in mock-assessments. All participants will rotate through different stations undertaking different exercises at each station.
The objectives are:
- Improve imaging knowledge and skills for gynaecological endoscopic surgeons
- Integrate imaging with endoscopic surgery practice to reduce surgical risks, increase patient safety and reduce unnecessary cost through provision of a quality imaging diploma
- Develop an imaging educational curriculum for gynaecological endoscopic reproductive surgery on a long term basis
The following topics are included in the programme:
- Sonography of uterus & benign lesions
- Fallopian tubes
- Congenital uterine pathologies
- Surgery and Ultrasound
- Test on knowledge and skills
All delegates who are interested in developing their gynaecological ultrasound skills to complement their endoscopic surgery practice and prepare for the GESEA Imaging certification exam.
Course language: English
- €990: Regular rate
- €890: ESGE Members & Residents (proof of residency required)
Please note that places are limited and will be allocated on a first paid, first served basis
Course postponed - New date to be announced
Waiting list: firstname.lastname@example.org
This programme can be subject to small changes